EUGENE OREGON REAL ESTATE MARKET GUIDE
Eugene Oregon Real Estate Market Guide: Buying or Selling
The people of Eugene hold the distinction of valuing and encouraging all that the outdoors offers. Alton Baker Park has community gardens and is a popular spot for joggers and BMX riders, while over at Ridgeline Trail, hikers can focus on Spencer Butte’s elevation of over 2,000 feet. Opportunities for canoeing and kayaking abound.
Skiers and snowboarders who frequent Willamette Pass in winter can bring their mountain bikes to enjoy the warmer months. And for the more rigorous and expert ski runs, check out Mount Bachelor in Bend, Oregon. Golfers have many fairways to choose from, including Diamond Woods Golf Course, Shadow Hills Country Club, the famous Tokatee Golf Course and the Eugene Country Club. Flower enthusiasts thrill at the wild blooms in Hendricks Park and the four hundred plus varieties of roses at Owen Memorial Rose Garden.
The University of Oregon’s Autzen Stadium is a must on every sports fan’s list. From their humble beginnings as the Web roots to the Disney Ducks icon to the new retro “O” Oregon Duck, the Ducks today train and compete in first-class facilities. Matthew Knight Arena for basketball, Autzen Stadium for football and Hayward Field for track and field are heralded as among the finest facilities in the U.S. and even the world. Eugene is definitely a community proud to be an Oregon Duck.
Amazing Possibilities with Eugene Oregon Homes
As you navigate the Eugene Oregon Real Estate market you can absorb all that defines the town, you’ll see how the homes for sale in Eugene, Oregon, are all winners. As home to the University of Oregon, Eugene has always been a potpourri of ideas. It’s only natural that properties be as diverse—and that’s exactly what you’ll find among the many properties listed with Key Realty Group, Inc. There are exquisite Victorian mansions with large bay windows and rich wood paneling. You can have an in-ground saltwater pool and a professionally designed topiary. Built in shelving, stone fireplaces, two dining rooms, multiple kitchen islands, media room and other custom-designed features are limited only by your imagination. If the idea of living in the beautiful and lively city of Eugene, OR appeals to you, do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of our real estate team.
Eugene Oregon Real Estate Market Guide: Defined by Strong Neighborhoods
Eugene has 19 official neighborhoods, each with its own features, activities, and culture.
- Folks in the Churchill section of Eugene like to keep active with all of the athletic gatherings and agendas.
- Westside has a creative art house feel, where you soon can become a fixture at one of the local coffee shops and find other like-minded artisans.
- Or you can make an architectural statement in the Crest Drive neighborhood, where a central concept is your home as your sanctuary and whatever defines you.
- Residents of the Friendly Area Neighborhood take pride in their cafes, bistros and markets offering fine organic produce and products and regional wines from the vineyards of Oregon.
- Bertelsen Nature Park is a hotspot in the West Eugene neighborhood, a place to see dragonflies, otters, and wetland trees.
- For more hustle and bustle, consider the Ferry Street Bridge and the Oakway Mall.
- And for a step back into quiet simplicity, there’s the McKenzie River area.
- Downtown Eugene 5th Street Public Market and surrounding area are perfect for shopping, family strolls, dog walks and leisurely bike rides.
Eugene Oregon Real Estate Market Guide:
These are only eight of Eugene’s 19 neighborhoods
Individual Character Adds Up to Collective Welcome Venturing out a bit from Eugene, the neighboring communities still bring charm and friendliness. Springfield Oregon real estate is where you” find Art Alley and two of several astounding art pieces—the Children’s Ceramic Tile Mural and the Oregon Trail Mural. Entertainment and civic duties resound with a spicy flair at Springfield’s annual Fiesta Latina. The Washburne Historic District shows you Springfield in its early days with architectures ranging from Craftsman to Queen Anne to vernacular. Other areas that complement Eugene are;
- Cottage Grove, rich with arts and theater, covered bridges, boating, camping, and fishing.
- Learn how to yodel and marvel at rodeo antics at their annual Bohemia Mining Days.
- Check out the covered bridges and Blackberry Jam Festival in Lowell, or mark off that bird-watching list in Creswell.
- The Oregon Country Fair is in scenic Veneta, which is near Fern Ridge, home to the Wings and Wine Festival.
- Junction City has a down home feel with its Daffodil Drive and Scandinavian Festival, where you’ll enjoy alpacas, bunnies, and sweet pastries!
- Two of Florence’s best attractions are the entertaining creatures at the aptly named Sea Lion Caves and the almost fifty acres of sand boarding at Sand Master Park.
Eugene Oregon Real Estate Market Guide and Trends
The median sales price for homes in Eugene OR for September 14 to December 14 was $230,000. This represents a decline of 1.3%, or $2,950, compared to the prior quarter and an increase of 4.5% compared to the prior year. Sales prices have appreciated 7% over the last 5 years in Eugene. The average listing price for Eugene homes for sale on Trulia was $311,470 for the week ending Dec 24, which represents a decline of 0.3%, or $823, compared to the prior week and a decline of 0.8%, or $2,478, compared to the week ending Dec 03. The average price per square foot for Eugene OR was $169, an increase of 14.2% compared to the same period last year. Popular neighborhoods in Eugene include Bethel-Danebo, Western, Autzen, South Hills, Southeast, and West Eugene. (Source: Trulia)
Get the up-to-date Eugene Oregon Real Estate Market Guide
The Eugene-Springfield area truly has something for everyone. And all of the Realtors® at Key Realty Group Inc., have intimate knowledge of the area’s many nooks and crannies.
Contact us today to get the up-to-date Eugene Oregon Real Estate Market Guide or call 541-636-4580 to speak with a Key Realty Group REALTOR® and let’s get started on your Eugene Oregon real estate market adventure.